Thursday, December 10, 2015

advent calendar. day ten. partridge.

OK, if I'm honest this is a somewhat tenuous link to Christmas but seriously, finding 24 little things to knit that are Christmas-related wasn't the easiest task ever so when I saw this little bird pattern I thought it was cute and I could pass it off as a partridge in a pear tree. Not sure my 6 year old really got it when I explained it to him and since it is also a little large for the pocket maybe in the future I'll make something else and retire the partridge (maybe I'll make it into a real Christmas tree ornament haha). For this year however, we have a partridge!!!!

That being said it was a really clever pattern to make, the wing pattern was made using short rows and it was obviously designed by someone who understands knitting much more than me as even when I was knitting it I wasn't quite sure how it was going to work out. This is the pattern, I used size three needles and this yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment